- 1.1 “CliQue Advisor” means, as applicable, Clique Advisor Inc. and all of its respective members, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, agents, and employees.
- 1.2 “We,” “us,” or “our” refers to CliQue Advisor.
- 1.3 “Personal Information” means the information provided by you when opening an account with CliQue Advisor, which may include your name, username, password, email address, phone number, mailing address, or any other demographic or identifying information. Personal Information is described further in paragraph 3.3.1, below.
- 1.4 “You” and “your” refer to (a) you, the individual accessing the System, (b) any agent accessing the System on behalf of an individual or business entity, and (c) the business entity on whose behalf an individual or electronic agent is accessing the System.
- 1.5 “Third Party Clients” means any individual or business entity who you represent as an agent and on who’s behalf you access the System and Services.
- 1.6 “Third Party Client Personal Information” means the personal information of Third Party Clients. Third-Party Client Personal Information is described further in paragraph 3.3.1, below.
Third Party Software
3. HOW WE HANDLE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Types of Information We Collect
- 3.1 As described in detail below, we may collect certain identifying information from or about you or your Third Party Clients in connection with your use of, or your submissions to, the System (collectively, the “Collected Information”).
- 3.3 Collected Information includes (i) Personal Information and Third Party Personal Information and (ii) information about how you interact with our system, each as described below:
- 3.3.1 We may collect information that can be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) or your Third Party Clients (“Third Party Client Information”). Personal information that we collect depends on the product or service you have with us or access through us, and may include, without limitation: name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, contact information, account holdings and activity, financial account information, financial goals, asset and income information and biometric information.
How We Use Collected Information
3.4 CliQue Advisor may use the information we collect for various purposes as permitted by applicable law, including, without limitation, to (i) provide the products, Services and System to you; (ii) personalize your experience; (iii) improve the System; (iv) improve our customer service; (v) process transactions; (vi) administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other System feature; (vii) send periodic emails; (viii) notify you about our products and services that may be of interest to you; (ix) improve our products and services, and (x) notify you about changes to Site Policies. We may also use the information we collect as otherwise disclosed to you at the point of collection or for any other purposes with your consent.
3.5 On the System, you may wish to participate in online polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions that we may offer from time to time. Participation in these polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions is completely voluntary; you have a choice about whether or not to disclose information required to enter. Information requested may include Personal Information or Third Party Client Personal Information such as name, address, date of birth, phone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, username, and/or similar information. In addition, as noted above, we may share this information with our affiliates, and other organizations or entities. In connection with any online polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions that we may offer from time to time via the System, we use the information you provide to administer the polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions. Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, we also may use the information to communicate with you, or the other people you select, about our services or our marketing partners may use such information to communicate with you about the online polls, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions or their products and services.
How We Share Collected Information
3.8 We do not sell, rent, or lease our user lists or the identity of individual users to third parties without your consent. However, we may use and disclose certain aggregated, deidentified information to our affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, third-party service providers, or other recipients, as permitted by law for certain purposes including, without limitation, advertising, informational, comparison, research, general service, or product improvement. Such information may also be shared with CliQue Advisor customers, including the company through which our service is made available to you. However, such information shall not be personally identifiable to any user.
3.10 You may submit a written request to obtain the following from CliQue Advisor:
- 3.10.1 Your Personal Information or your Third-Party Client Personal Information that is under the custody or control of CliQue Advisor.
- 3.10.2 Information about the purpose or purposes for which your Personal Information or your Third-Party Client Personal Information that is under the custody or control of CliQue Advisor has been or is being used.
- 3.10.3 Names of the persons to whom your Personal Information or your Third-Party Client Personal Information has been or is being disclosed, and the circumstances surrounding this disclosure.
3.11 Each such request will be responded to as accurately and completely as reasonably possible. Your ability to view your Personal Information or your Third-Party Client Personal Information under the custody or control of CliQue Advisor is not absolute. CliQue Advisor shall not disclose Personal Information or Third Party Client Personal Information where doing so would likely reveal Personal Information about a third party or where CliQue Advisor chooses not to disclose Personal Information or Third Party Client Personal Information, including where disclosure would reveal confidential business information or trade secrets.
3.12 You may submit a written request to correct errors or omissions in your Personal Information or your Third-Party Client Personal Information. If you successfully demonstrate an inaccuracy or incompleteness, CliQue Advisor will amend the inaccuracy or incompleteness as required and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any persons to whom the incorrect information was disclosed.
How We Protect Collected Information
4. ELECTRONIC AND INTERNET TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies and Usage Reports
4.1 We may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts on our System. By placing a small file known as a “cookie” on your computer (or other device), CliQue Advisor and its partners, affiliates, or third party providers may passively gather information about your use of the System for several reasons, including, but not limited to, the following: statistics collection and analysis, System optimization, analytics (as described below), market research, and maintenance of user login information. For example, cookies on the Websites may track “macro” information, such as the number of independent visits made to the Websites each day, or “micro” information, such as individual users’ IP addresses, downloads, and related traffic history (some of this information may be collected by web beacons, see below). The information that we and our third party service providers track with cookies may include, but is not necessarily limited to, the type of browser (such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer) and Internet-connected device being used to access the System, your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, your home domain or Internet service provider, your referrer URL (which is the URL for the website that you were viewing prior to visiting the System), how you were directed to the System, which specific pages you access on the System, how long you view each page, the time and date you access our System, and the total number of visitors to the System and any portions thereof. We may also use your IP address to determine the general physical location of your computer or device and understand from what geographic locations our System visitors come and to tailor our services to meet our visitors’ needs (e.g., if a visitor is from Alberta, we may use geolocation information to ensure our Alberta team responds to such visitor).
4.2 Most popular Internet browser applications will allow you to configure the browser so as not to accept cookies. However, setting your browser to reject cookies may, in certain instances, prevent you from taking full advantage of the System (or some portion thereof) and its capabilities, or cause some features of the System to function improperly or more slowly.
4.3 The Websites use certain web analytics services provided by third parties in order to better understand your use of our Websites (or other portions of the System) and how we can improve the System. Such analytics providers may collect information such as how often users visit the System, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other websites they used prior to coming to the System. We do not combine the information collected through the use of such analytics services with your Personal Information. Such third party analytics providers may utilize the data collected to track and examine use of the System, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with us.
4.5 Some of the areas of the System may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow CliQue Advisor, and its third party providers or affiliates, to count and track users who have visited certain portions of the System and other similar traffic history. Web beacons collect only limited information, including a cookie number, time, and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. Web beacons do not collect any of your Personal Information or Third Party Client Personal Information.
“Do Not Track” Disclosures
Change in Control and Other Organizational Changes
Definitions any of the following events: (i) a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or other restructuring involving all or substantially all of our voting securities and/or assets, by operation of law or otherwise; (ii) a general assignment for the benefit of creditors; (iii) appointment of a receiver for our business or assets; or (iv) our sale or liquidation, voluntarily or otherwise.
The System is not intended for use or view by children under 13 years of age. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using the System. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes, or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
Location of Servers and Central Database
Unsubscribe from Communications
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or would like to update or change your personal information or preferences, please follow the instructions below. However, we may send you service-related announcements, announcements about changes in policies, and transactional e-mail such as confirmations and receipts, from time to time through the general operation of the System or by e-mail. If you do not want to receive any e-mail from us in the future, click the “unsubscribe” reference in any e-mail we send you.
If you wish to review the contact information we have on file for you, correct your contact information, provide a change of address, or inform us how you wish your contact information to be used, or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions about the System, our Services, CliQue Advisor please contact us by mail, telephone, or e-mail, as follows:
3582 30th Street North – Unit #505
If you correspond with CliQue Advisor through the System or via email, the Collected Information may include the content of, andi metadata regarding, any correspondence you may have with us. We may share your messages with those within our organization who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns.